(from saymyname’s recipe box)
Serves 4 people
- Lemon Dressing:
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- butter lettuce
Make the dressing: combine the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well and refrigerate until well chilled; shake well before using.
Make the salad: place mushrooms in a bowl; pour on dressing and toss gently; cover and refrigerate 4-5 hours.
Arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates; using a slotted spoon, divide mushrooms among plates.
Spoon some dressing over each salad; serve immediately.