Vietnamese minted chicken salad
(from Elyce123’s recipe box)
Source: delicious. August 2004
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 2 carrots, grated
- large handful fresh beansprouts
- large handful fresh mint (about 30g), plus extra leaves to garnish
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced, plus an extra sliced chilli with seeds to garnish
- 3 ready-to-eat chicken breasts, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
Put the carrots, beansprouts, mint leaves, shallots and chillies in a large bowl and gently toss together. Set aside.
For the dressing, put the garlic, sugar, rice vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, vegetable oil and some freshly ground black pepper into a small bowl and whisk well.
Divide the salad between 4 bowls. Add the cooked, sliced chicken, toss well and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with the extra mint, chilli and seeds.