LC Jenny’s Version of Garth’s Macaroons
(from tnhoneypot21’s recipe box)
Nutritional Information for each Macaroon (24 total): Calories: 17, Carbs: ~1 gm Fiber less than 1 gm, Fat 1 gm, Protein 1 gm.
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut. (I buy mine from Whole Foods bulk section.)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda powder
- 1 3/4 tablespoon DaVinci Amaretto sugar free syrup (you can use other flavors if you don't have this one)
- 3/4 teaspoon Almond extract
- 2 medium egg whites
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix ingredients together in a bowl in order given.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet. These do not spread out so you can put them close together. I usually make 24 from this recipe.
Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Edges of cookies should be light brown.
Remove from cookie sheet immediately.