Pesto Lasagna with Spinach and Mushrooms
(from Doris’s recipe box)
Calories: 398, from fat: 41%; FAT 18.2g (7.8 sat, 6.6 mono, 2.3 poly); PROTEIN 22.2g; CARBS 38.5g; FIBER 2g; CHOL 56mg; IRON 2. 8mg; SODIUM 1,036mg; CALC 407mg
Source: Cooking Light, October 2003 (from RecipeThing user jerseyjenny)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 300 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 4 cups torn spinach, OR
- 2 10-oz packages frozen spinach
- 2 cups sliced cremini or other mushroom
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 3/4 cup (3oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (3oz) shredded provolone cheese
- 1 15oz carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (3oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (25.5 oz) bottle fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8oz) package precooked lasagna noodles (12 noodles)
Arrange the spinach in a vegetable steamer, steam, covered, 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Drain, squeeze dry, and coarsely chop.
Combine spinach, mushrooms, and pesto in a medium bowl to combine, set aside.
Combine mozzarella, provolone, ricotta, and beaten egg in a medium bowl, stirring well to combine. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan, and set aside.
Combine the pasta sauce and the tomato sauce in a medium bowl.
Spread 1 cup pasta sauce mixture in the bottom of a 6 quart oval electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
Arrange 3 noodles over pasta sauce mixture, top with 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup spinach mixture.
Repeat the layers, ending with the spinach mixture.
Arrange 3 noodles over spinach mixture; top with remaining 1 cup cheese mixture and 1 cup pasta sauce mixture.
Place 3 remaining noodles over sauce mixture, spread remaining sauce mixture over noodles.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
Cover with lid, cook on LOW 5 hours or until done.