Roast Pork Loin With Mushrooms and Tomatoes
(from bragdonh’s recipe box)
Source: martha stewart everyday food
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1 pound small button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin (2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat oven to 425°. In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, combine tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and move mixture to sides of pan (leaving center free).
Sprinkle pork with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cumin, coriander, and oregano, rubbing mixture in. Place pork in center of pan.
Roast until meat registers 160° on an instant-read thermometer and mushrooms are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven.
Slice pork, and serve with tomatoes, mushrooms, and any pan juices.
r serving: 402 calories; 18.6 grams fat; 45.9 grams protein; 11.5 grams carbohydrates; 2.3 grams fiber
- Note: To store, let cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to use.