soba noodle salad
(from BlueFinger’s recipe box)
Source: simply recipes
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 12 ounces soba noodles
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
1 Place the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the sugar and salt dissolve. Stir in the garlic and jalapeño, and allow to cool. Add the lime juice, lime zest, and sesame oil and mix well.
2 Cook the noodles in salted water, until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain and then rinse well under cool water. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
3 Add the mango, bell pepper, basil and mint. Toss and plate. Serve with chopped peanuts sprinkled over the top and lime wedges.