chicken with fresh herbs and sherry wine vinegar
(from matthazinski’s recipe box)
- 1/2 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs (such as Italian parsley, oregano, and tarragon)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless chicken breast halves with skin, each quartered
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, diced
Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Add chicken; turn to coat.
Preheat broiler. Arrange chicken, skin side down, on large rimmed baking sheet. Pour marinade over; broil 4 minutes. Turn chicken. Broil until cooked through and skin is browned, about 6 minutes.
Transfer chicken to platter. Add vermouth and cold butter to juices on sheet. Place sheet over 2 burners on medium heat. Cook until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Pour warm sauce over chicken.