Deli-Style Corned Goose
(from ksox’s recipe box)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 180 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 6 to 8 goose breast filets (4 to 6 lbs)
- 5 tablespoons Morton Tenderquick mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Trim, skin, and clean up breast filets (or beef brisket or boneless cut of deer, elk, etc)
In a small bowl, mix Morton Tender Quick and remaining dry ingredients and spices (Do NOT substitute any “meat tenderizer” for Morton Tender Quick)
Thoroughly rub mixture into all sides of breast filets.
Place filets into a plastic bag and close securely. Place in refrigerator and allow to cure 5 days per inch of meat thickness (a week seems to work fine for goose breasts).
Place filets in Dutch Oven and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 3 hours.