(from ksox’s recipe box)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minutes
Serves 4 people
- * 5 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
- * 1/2 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar melts), cooled
- * 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- * 2 cups silver tequila
- * 4 ounces orange liqueur
- * 2 ounces melon liqueur
- * Watermelon wedges, for garnish
- Place watermelon in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the pureed watermelon into 2 empty ice cube trays and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Place 8 martini glasses in the freezer to chill.
Place 2 cups of the watermelon ice cubes and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 4 glasses and repeat with the remaining ingredients. Garnish each glass with a watermelon wedge.