Asiago Artichoke Turkey Spread
(from tagost’s recipe box)
I bought the artichoke asiago spread at Wegmans and loved it. I’m hoping that this recipe is just as good. May try w/light cheddar instead of mozzarella.
Source: Cooking LightServes 20 people
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 80 Melba toast rounds (about 14 ounces)
With food processor running, drop garlic through food chute, and process until minced. Add turkey, green onions, and artichoke hearts to the processor; process until combined.
Combine mozzarella, Parmesan, Asiago, cream cheese, mayonnaise, and pepper in a large bowl. Add turkey mixture; stir until combined. Spoon mixture into a shallow 1-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden. Serve hot with Melba toast rounds.