Swai Fish Tacos
(from simsyobby’s recipe box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno or banana pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 4 Swai fillets cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan. Sauté vegetables over medium high heat for 4 minutes. Remove vegetables from the pan and reserve.
- Add remaining olive oil to sauté pan. Place fish in sauté pan. Cook 2 minutes. Add spices and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add vegetables back to the pan with the fish.
- In a straight sided sauté pan add peanut oil and heat until approx. 350 degrees. Add tortillas one at a time and cook 1-2 minutes. Immediately from the hot oil place the wrap over a rolling pin to form a curved shape.
- Serve with toppings and cheese.