(from Peachblossm’s recipe box)
really good over rice or penne pasta.
Source: Kate of Centsational Girl; http://www.simplymodernmom.com
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4-5 chicken breasts or 12 chicken breast tenders
- fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk (whole or lowfat)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (I like Morten’s)
- Salt to taste (especially with low sodium soup)
In non stick pan, saute cleaned sliced mushrooms on medium heat in butter about 5 minutes, then set aside.
Brown chicken in pan about 3 minutes on each side on medium low heat.
Meanwhile, mix cream of mushroom soup, milk, oregano, celery salt and the squeeze of an entire lemon in a large bowl or Pyrex measuring cup. It helps to squeeze the lemon over a sifter to catch the seeds.
Stir well and pour over chicken.
Simmer on low for 25 minutes, then serve over rice, penne pasta or linguine.