Bangus (Milkfish) Sisig
(from elilegacy’s recipe box)
- 1 large bangus (milkfish), about 2 to 3 cups fish meat
- 1/2 cup red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, seeded and diced
- juice from 2 lemons (about 2 to 3 tbsps)
- 2 to 3 thai peppers, minced
- frying oil
- salt and pepper to taste
In a pan, heat oil.
Slide in fish and fry until crisp and golden brown.
Remove from pan and drain excess oil on paper towels.
When cool to touch, flake fish to small pieces, discarding bones, head and tail.
In a bowl, combine fish meat, onions and peppers.
Season with salt and pepper.
Toss with lemon juice.