Tofu, Green Bean & Spinach salad w miso dressing
(from BlueFinger’s recipe box)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
- * 250g green round beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- * 1 tbs miso paste
- * 2 tbs rice vinegar
- * 1 tbs salt-reduced soy sauce
- * 2 tsp caster sugar
- * 50g (1/3 cup) cornflour
- * 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- * 350g firm tofu, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- * Olive oil spray
- * 100g baby spinach leaves
- * 2 tsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- * 300g (2 cups) cooked brown rice, to serve
Cook the beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
Place miso paste, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves and the mixture is combined.
Combine the cornflour and pepper on a large plate. Toss tofu in the cornflour mixture to coat. Shake off any excess.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add one-third of the tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining tofu.
Divide the spinach and beans among serving plates. Top with the tofu. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and drizzle over the dressing. Serve with rice.