Italian Tuna Stuffed Eggs
(from saymyname’s recipe box)
Serves 4 people
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley (plus whole leaves for garnish)
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Carefully remove the yolks from the whites.
- Place the whites cut side up on a plate.
- With the back of a spoon, press the yolks through a sieve into a small bowl, or mash them in the bowl with a fork.
- Add the tuna, mayonnaise, onion, minced parsley, salt to taste and a grinding of pepper.
- Mash with a fork until blended.
- Using a teaspoon, carefully stuff the whites with the yolk mixture, mounding the tops.
- Garnish with the parsley leaves.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.