(from walowrey’s recipe box)
Spicy nuts are a good side item to have on a table of party food, and are especially good served warm over ice cream.
Source: Veg Web
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed unsalted organic nuts
- 1/4 cup organic Earth Balance
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or organic agave nectar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons water
In a small bowl, mix the spices and salt and set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat nuts over medium heat, stirring often, for five minutes.
Place the nuts in a large bowl.
In the same saucepan over medium heat, place the margarine, maple syrup, water, and spices.
Cook, stirring often, until a glaze forms.
Return the nuts to the saucepan and toss to coat.
Cook for two more minutes.
Remove from heat and transfer the nuts to a baking sheet until cooled.