Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
(from cokerlj’s recipe box)
Source: RecipeThing user Guinevere44
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- olive oil cooking spray
- 15-ounce package refrigerated Pillsbury pie dough
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay out dough and, using a bowl as a guide, cut out two circles of dough per serving. Place dough circles on prepared baking sheet. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray and sprinkle evenly with a little salt. Prick dough with a fork and bake until golden, 8 minutes. Set aside.
In a medium bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine flour, sage, and salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, turning, until brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Add water, scraping pan to loosen browned bits, then stir in vegetables, mushrooms, and soup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes.
To assemble pot pies, place one pie crust circle in the bottom of the individual bowls. Spoon in chicken mixture and top each serving with another pie crust. Serve immediately.