Quinoa Pilaf with Baby Spinach, Pine Nuts and Basil
(from chelygreen’s recipe box)
Source: RecipeThing user jbreazeale
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 2 tbsp. parve margarine or cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 10 oz. baby spinach, 1 bag
- 2 c. quinoa, rinsed 3 times
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
Heat margarine or oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add onions, garlic.
Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
Add spinach and cook until it wilts.
Add quinoa and broth.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed.
Stir in pine nuts and basil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Fluff quinoa with a fork and serve.