(from saymyname’s recipe box)
Source: Southern LivingServes 6 people
- 6 large pears, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted prune
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy (or 1 teaspoon brandy extract)
- pastry dough, for double crust 9-inch pie
In a large saucepan, combine the first 11 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, over low heat for 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Stir in brandy.
Pour filling into a pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate; top with remaining pastry; trim edges; seal and flute.
Cut slits in crust to allow steam to escape.
Bake on the lower rack in a 425° oven for 15 minutes.
Lower heat to 375° and bake 30 minutes.