Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake
(from nicoledb’s recipe box)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2-1/4 cups dry all-purpose baking mix for biscuits
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Mix 1/2 cup of the milk, sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in baking mix until just blended. Spread evenly into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
MEANWHILE, combine dry pudding mix and remaining 1/2 cup milk; blend well. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping until well blended. Mix strawberries and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl; set aside. Slice cake in half horizontally to make 2 layers.
PLACE bottom cake layer on serving plate; top evenly with half of the strawberry mixture. Spread with pudding mixture; top with top cake layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; top with remaining strawberry mixture. Serve immediately. Store leftover shortcake in refrigerator.