(from saymyname’s recipe box)
Serves 6 people
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen white shoepeg corn
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use 1 t.)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- cooked and crumbled bacon
Prepare lima beans according to package directions; drain.
Put corn in the container of a food processor and pulse 8-10 times or until coarsely chopped In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add flour and stir until smooth; continue cooking and stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Add sugar, salt, and pepper.
Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
Add corn; continue cooking and stir often for 12 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender and mixture is thick.
Stir in lima beans.
Serve immediately and top each serving with crumbled bacon if desired.