Chargrilled vegetables with olives and goat’s cheese
(from Elyce123’s recipe box)
Source: delicious. April 2004
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 3-4 x 300g jars chargrilled vegetables in oil, such as artichokes, courgettes, peppers, aubergines and mushrooms, drained but the oil reserved
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 4 tbsp fresh pesto from the deli counter
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as oregano, dill, basil or parsley
- 200g goat's cheese log
- 2-3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
Toss the chargrilled vegetables in a large bowl with the olives and season, using plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
Mix the pesto with the vinegar and a little of the drained oil from the vegetables. Add the herbs and toss well. Divide the vegetables between four serving plates and drizzle with the pesto dressing.
Heat the grill until hot. Slice the goat’s cheese into four rounds and grill on one side until bubbling, golden brown and soft in the centre. Lift from the grill rack using a palette knife and place on top of the vegetables. Scatter over the pine nuts and serve.