Basil Lime Fruit Salsa
(from elchallis’s recipe box)
90 calories a serving, 24g carbs, 2g Fiber, 1g proteinServes 12 people
Categories: Side Dish
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 4 cups cubed pineapple (about 1 medium)
- 3 cups quartered strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cubed peeled mango (about 2 large)
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in basil and rind. Cool. Strain sugar mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
Combine pineapple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with sugar mixture; toss gently.