Dal Tadka Recipe
(from Nandini’s recipe box)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- moong dal or masoor dal - 1.5 cups
- turmeric - a pinch
- green chillies - 3 or 4 (acc to ur spice level)
- garlic - 2 pods (sliced or minced)
- coriander leaves - for garnish
- curry leaves - for garnish
- salt - to taste
- lime juice - 1 - 2 tsps
- For Tadka:
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- ghee - 2 tsps
- hing - a pinch
Pressure cook the dal with turmeric. (Take care to see that the dal is not mushy)
Take a non stick vessel and add ghee, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
After the seeds splutter add hing.
Then add the green chillies and garlic and fry them for a minute.
Add the cooked dal and salt, fry for 4-5 minutes.
Garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.
Add some lime juice and serve it with rotis/rice.