Grands Meatball Pops
(from sfarlow’s recipe box)
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (10.2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (be careful what can you grab, this one is the size of 5 biscuits, I grabbed the one that included 8 biscuits!)
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 10 refrigerated or frozen cooked beef meatballs, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup finely crushed seasoned croutons
- 10 large appetizer picks or lollipop sticks, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups tomato pasta sauce, heated
eat oven to 375.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
Separate dough into 5 biscuits.
Split each biscuit in half (so you now have 10 total).
Press out each biscuit half to form a 3 inch circle.
Sprinkle each biscuit round with cheese to within 1/2 inch of edge.
Top each with meatball.
Bring up sides of dough over meatball; pinch edges to seal.
Brush rounded tops and sides of dough with butter; coat with croutons. (At this point I just rolled the balls in the butter and then rolled them in the croutons.)
Place; seam side down, on cookie sheet.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Place appetizer pick in each biscuit wrapped meatball to form meatball pop. Serve with warm pasta sauce for dipping.