Ranchero Pork with Lime-Marinated Onions
(from elchallis’s recipe box)
268 calories, 12g fat, 4g saturated, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 29g proteinServes 8 people
- 1 jar(s) (14 oz) Roasted Ranchero Cooking Sauce (Pace brand)
- 1 can(s) (4 oz) diced green chiles
- 3 1/2 pound(s) bone-in pork shoulder roast, well trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- Warmed corn tortillas, for serving
Mix cooking sauce and chiles in a 4-qt or larger slow-cooker. Add pork; spoon sauce over top. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.
At least 20 minutes before serving, toss onion slices with lime juice in a medium bowl. Let stand, tossing once or twice until slightly wilted.
Remove pork to a cutting board. Stir cilantro into mixture in slow-cooker. Break pork into bite-size chunks with a wooden spoon and return to cooker; stir to mix.
To serve: Spoon pork mixture on warmed tortillas, top with marinated onions, fold and eat.