(from Julianne’s recipe box)
Each serving: 387 cal, lOg fat, 14g protein, 59g carb
Source: Kraft Foods
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (3/4cup)
- 4 oz diced pancetta or thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-oz) can Italian peeled tomatoes, drained, broken into small chunks
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lb dried perciatelli, bucatini, or thick spaghetti
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat; add onion, pancetta, and red pepper flakes. Saute 10 minutes or until onion and pancetta are golden.
Pour in wine and bring to a boil; stir in tomatoes and salt. Bring sauce to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
When sauce has simmered for 10 minutes, add pasta to the boiling water and cook, stirring frequently, until tender yet firm to the bite (al dente), about 10 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Drain pasta; add to sauce in skillet and toss over medium heat 1 minute until pasta is well coated. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and reserved cooking water and toss well. Serve immediately with extra cheese.