Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs
(from Julianne’s recipe box)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into large pieces
- 8 large mushrooms, whole
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 pkg turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 large zucchini (optional)
- 2 roma tomatoes (optional)
- 1/4 cup low sodium teriyaki or soy sauce.
- 4 skewers
Chop pepper, onion, zucchini, and tomatoes, into equal size pieces (1-2 inch squares)
Preheat grill for high heat or oven to 375 degrees F.
Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers, alternating with mushrooms, peppers, onion, zucchini, tomato, and pineapple.
Grill: Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with teryaki or soy sauce,
Oven: Place skewers on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Brush with teryaki or soy sauce and bake 30-45 minutes, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear.