Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
(from DezE’s recipe box)
Use Pringles or Baked Chips, spritz butter don’t drizzle
Source: Food Network, Paula Dean
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves 12 people
Categories: Main Dish
- 2 cups crushed sour-cream-and-onion-flavored potato chips
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 chicken breast fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Honey Mustard:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice from 1/2 lemon
- Horseradish, to taste
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (more or less as needed)
- Combine all ingredients except orange juice; stir well. Thin to pouring consistency for dressing or dipping consistency for dips with orange juice. Cover and chill for 2 or 3 hours.
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spread the crushed potato chips in a shallow dish. Beat together the egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken cubes into the egg mixture and then dredge them in the chips. Place the chicken nuggets on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. The chicken nuggets can be frozen after baking. Serve with your favorite sauce, such as honey mustard or ranch dressing.