(from anniemarie’s recipe box)
Source: Home Cooking (Dec 1994)Serves 8 people
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 4-oz. cans mushrooms, drained
- 1 3 1/2-oz. pkg. pepperoni
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 2 pkgs. dry spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 6-oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup pasta shells
- 1 cup rotini
- 1 8-oz. pkg. mozzarella cheese, sliced
Brown ground beef; drain. Add mushrooms, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, spaghetti sauce mix, salt, pepper, tomato paste and water. Simmer until flavors are well blended, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add to sauce. Place in greased casserole and top with cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.