Stir Fry Cabbage with Beef or Turkey
(from mdauphin’s recipe box)
- 1 pound of ground beef (can substitute turkey)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, divided
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 cup of cooked rice (brown or white), optional
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce
- Pinch of kosher salt, or to taste
- 8 turns of the pepper grinder, or to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Brown ground beef, remove and drain; set aside. To the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil and heat over medium high. Add green onion and garlic and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage and stir fry another 2 minutes. Add the rice and soy sauce and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add the cooked ground beef back to the skillet and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes; toss until heated through.
Variation: Substitute a package of cole slaw mix or broccoli slaw for the cabbage.
Low Carb Variation: Make it low carb by eliminating the rice.
Leftovers Utilized: Cooked Rice. Yes – you can freeze it, and I certainly do! Simply drizzle with water, cover and microwave to freshen.