(from kylerhea’s recipe box)
Per Serving: Calories 199, Protein 10 g; Fat 9 g; NET Carbs 14 g; Fiber 2 g; Sugar 1 g; Sodium 297 mg
*NOTE FOR GLUTEN FREE…Progresso makes a Creamy Mushroom Soup that is gluten free…or I have a recipe for a Cream of Anything Soup in the comments below. Haven’t tried it, but it’s been a big hit on a Celiac/Gluten Free forum.
Source: Eating Well magazineServes 8 people
- One 10 oz can Cream of Broccoli soup (or mushroom), low-sodium, if you prefer (*see note below for gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups reduced fat shredded cheese (cheddar, colby-jack, etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda/sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 1/2 cup COOKED quinoa (see note)
- Feshly grated Parmesan cheese
- To cook quinoa:
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear. In a small saucepan combine the quinoa, water, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and the white ring/tail is visible. Fluff with a fork.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a shallow (8×8 in or 5-6 cups) casserole dish – or individual ramekins – with vegetable cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, milk, shredded cheese, Splenda, pepper, and nutmeg until well mixed. Stir in the quinoa and broccoli.
Spoon mixture into prepared casserole. Sprinkle on a couple tablespoons Parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly on the edges and golden