Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
(from nmgresearch’s recipe box)
The toasty flavor of lightly grilled pound cake makes it the perfect accompaniment for summertime berries. Lemon-kissed whipping cream is a delightful finishing touch.
Source: Taste of Home
Prep time: 25 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and mint; set aside.
In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice and peel; beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Serve with berry mixture and whipped cream.