Peach White Wine Sangria
(from Violetdragonfy’s recipe box)
This recipe doubles well if you’re partying with a crowd.
Source: Gourmet, July 2005 (from RecipeThing user jerseyjenny)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Serves 8 people
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves plus 8 to 10 sprigs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cans peach nectar (23 fl oz total)
- 1 (750-ml) bottle chilled dry white wine
- 1 large peach (peeled if desired), diced
Put basil leaves, sugar, and lemon juice into a small saucepan and bruise leaves by mashing with a wooden spoon.
Add 1 can nectar and bring just to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes, then pour through a medium-mesh sieve into a heatproof pitcher, discarding basil leaves.
Stir in wine, peach, remaining can nectar, and basil sprigs.
ill, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 24. Serve over ice.