(from BeSu’s recipe box)
These are the brownies from Babycakes in NYC.
Source: Food and Wine, September 2006 (from RecipeThing user megc)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill gluten-free, all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Sunspire brand Organic Semi-Sweet chocolate chips, which are dairy free)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray mini-muffin pan with vegetable oil spray. (KOD note: Use mini-muffin liners if you can find them; they give some shape to end result.)
In a medium bowl, combine baking flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
In another bowl, whisk applesauce, oil and vanilla, then stir into dry ingredients.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling them three-quarters full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until set.
Allow brownies to cool in pans for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.