Asian Beef Salad
(from BlueFinger’s recipe box)
Source: Wolfgang PuckServes 4 people
- 3 lbs flank steak, trimmed (or lamb loin or four chicken breasts)
- 12 sprigs of cilantro or mint leaves
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon dried red chile flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- rice noodles
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon miso (soy bean paste)
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
Mix all marinade ingredients together. Marinate beef (or any other meat) for about an hour.
- Prepare vinaigrette for salad. Mix rice wine vinegar, miso paste, pepper and ginger; add oil.
Julienne cabbage, radicchio and celery stems and keep for ten minutes in ice water.
Cook meat under the broiler or on saute pan to desired doneness (Wolfgang prefers rare to medium rare for steak), remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes in a warm place. Dry julienne of vegetables and mix with rest of salad ingredients. Add vinaigrette, mix well and divide on four plates. Slice flank steak against the grain in thin slices and arrange nicely around salad.
Garnish with cilantro or mint sprigs.