Lemony Sauteed Shrimp with Broccoli and Peas
(from kylerhea’s recipe box)
Source: Martha StewartServes 4 people
- # 4 tablespoons butter
- # 4 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced
- # 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 5 to 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- # 1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets, with stalks peeled and sliced
- # Coarse salt and ground pepper
- # 1 pound large, frozen, peeled, and deveined shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- # 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- In a large skillet with a lid, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium. Add white part of scallions, lemon zest, broccoli, and 1/2 cup water; season with salt and pepper, and toss. Cover, and cook until broccoli is bright green and just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp and peas. Cover, and cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and peas are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, green part of scallions, and remaining butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently and serve.