Grab and Go Breakfast Bars
(from kylerhea’s recipe box)
TIP: These bars freeze really well. So, if you have leftovers, wrap individual portions in plastic
baggies or aluminum foil and freeze
- 1 cup Mom’s Best® Naturals Quick Oats
- 1 cup Mom’s Best® Naturals Toasted Wheat-fuls™
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit (we use a combination of dried apricots, dried plums, and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large omega-3 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8 × 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking
spray and set aside.
Place the oats, shredded wheat, walnuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor
and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped (the dried fruit will be the size of a dried pea or
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey, and vanilla. Add the oatmeal mixture and
chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Transfer to the baking pan and flatten down gently with the back of a spoon or spatula to
Bake about 18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and the bars are done. Let bars
cool completely in pan before slicing and serving.