Hot Crab Dip With Cheddar
(from saymyname’s recipe box)
Source: Paula DeenServes 12 people
- 1 lb crabmeat , picked over to remove bits of shell
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 scallions , finely chopped (white and light green parts)
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- tortilla chips or cracker , for dipping
Preheat oven to 325°.
In a bowl, stir together the crabmeat, Cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped scallions, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and mustard powder.
Scrape the mixture into a wide baking dish; one that is pretty enough for serving.
Bake until the dip is golden and bubbling, 45-55 minutes.
Chop the dark green scallion tops and sprinkle over the dip to add a little color.
Serve hot with a bowl of tortilla chips or crackers to use as dippers.