Ranch Roasted Potatoes
(from kylerhea’s recipe box)
You should try this with other vegetables — I made a mistake last time and used mayo instead of sour cream and it came out fine — it also might need 10 minutes more to bake if you use a deeper casserole to bake the potatoes.
Source: Kayotic Kitchen
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 spring onions
- 2 oz Parmesan
1) Peel, wash and cut your potatoes in bit-sized chunks and place them in a casserole.
2) Mix the oil with the ranch dressing mix and the pepper. Adding lemon pepper instead also works amazing and adds pizzazz.
3) Mix the seasoned oil with the potatoes. If your ranch dressing contains less salt, sprinkle some over the potatoes.
4) Put the potatoes in a preheated oven and roast them for 35 to 40 minutes at 375F˚ (190C˚) until golden brown and almost tender.
Gives you plenty time to put 2 to 3 tbsp sour cream in a bowl.
5) And to chop up the green onions and stir them into the sour cream.
6) As soon as your potatoes are done you remove them from the oven. But keep the oven warm.
7) Lightly stir in the sour cream with spring onions. It will melt into the potatoes immediately.
8) And grate the Parmesan all over the potatoes until it looks like a heavily snow-capped mountain.
9) Pop the casserole back in the oven for another 10 minutes, until the potatoes are really tender and the Parmesan slightly crunchy.
These were chockfull of flavor and delicious. It’s a fantastic way to dress up plain potatoes!