Cabbage Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
(from kylerhea’s recipe box)
via Kalyn’s Kitchen
Per Serving: 69 Calories; 4g Fat (50.2% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 238mg Sodium.
Source: Tasting SpoonsServes 6 people
- 1/2 cup buttermilk — well-shaken
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sugar — or Spenda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives — finely chopped
- 1 pound Napa cabbage — cored and thinly sliced crosswise (4 cups), or Savoy cabbage
- 6 whole radishes — diced
- 2 whole celery ribs — thinly sliced diagonally
Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl until sugar has dissolved, then whisk in chives.
Toss cabbage, radishes, and celery with dressing. It’s perhaps more attractive if the radishes are dressed separately and sprinkled on top.