Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
(from kylerhea’s recipe box)
Experiment with this recipe using stevia in the mix and whole wheat or other flour substitutions.
Source: Quaker OatsServes 12 people
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.2 tsp salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2) Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3) Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
4) Add oats and raisins; mix well.
5) Drop dough by rounded Tbs onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6) Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store lightly covered.